Uniforms & Dress Code
UNIFORM CLOTHING may only be purchased from: (scrip available)
105 SE Hawthorne Blvd.
Portland, OR 97214
On-line ordering – www.dennisuniform.com, school code #59450
APPROVED CLOTHING – please purchase correct sizes for your student.
Blackwatch plaid box pleat jumper, skort or skirt – (Jumpers PS-4; skirts 4-8)
White or navy polo shirts
Khaki pants or shorts (pleated or flat front for girls)
Cardigan or pullover sweaters
Navy Sweatshirt with school logo – Dennis Co. or NAVY CYO sweatshirts only
(Red CYO shirts are no longer allowed)
Navy or white knee-hi socks (girls only)
GENERAL UNIFORM GUIDELINES
Students must wear the complete school uniform for liturgies, including a blue sweater or an appropriate school sweatshirt (depending on weather).
• Shorts may NOT be worn between November 1st and March 1st.
• Shoes must be sport shoes, tennis shoes, and must be laced or fastened. Sandals are not allowed.
• Socks must be worn with all shoes, be solid white or navy blue, and must be visible.
• Shirts must be tucked in at the waistband.
• Belts are required on clothing with belt loops (exception for kindergarten) and must be plain black, brown or navy blue.
• Belts are not allowed to hang down below the waistband.
• Pants must fit and the waistband must be above the hips.
• Sweatshirts must be the Navy Blue St. Therese sweatshirt from Dennis Co. or CYO.
• Skirts or shorts should be no shorter than 2 -3” above the knee nor extend below the knee. Skorts are not allowed.
• No hats or caps are to be worn in the building.
The principal, or their delegate, will make the final decision of whether there is appropriate compliance with the St. Therese School uniform dress code when there is question or doubt. Should your child be out of uniform, his or her teacher will notify you for the first offense. Should the same offence reoccur you will be called to resolve it immediately.
• Hair is to be neatly groomed and extreme fads are not allowed and will be determined by the principal. Extreme fads might include bleached, dyed, streaked, spiked or non-natural styles.
• No body piercing is allowed.
• Jewelry is not to be excessive or distracting (no hoops or dangling earrings).
• Boys: No earrings of any kind are allowed.
• Girls: Nail polish may be worn if it is clear or pastels. Subtle make-up only may be worn in grades 7 or 8. No nail polish, nail polish remover, make-up, hairspray, mousse, or gel may be on the school campus at any time. NO AEROSOLS (deodorant, perfume, etc.) In the event that nail polish remover is necessary, a parent will be called. Staff is not allowed to remove nail polish from a student.
PE UNIFORM - Grades 5-8 only. Solid red or black shorts, plain white or St. Therese Jog-A-Thon shirts. Red shorts and red or black sweatpants can be purchased through Dennis Uniform.
FREE DRESS - For free dress students must adhere to the following guidelines:
• Shorts – uniform only
• Shirts – must have sleeves
• Skirts or skorts are no shorter than 2-3” above the knee
• Sandals may be worn with socks above the ankle
FREE DRESS EXCLUSIONS
• garments with holes
• sweatpants or athletic sweats
• military apparel
• “tattered” jeans or clothing
• scoop-neck tops
• beachwear, cutoffs, thongs, tank or halter tops, swimwear, thin straps
• baggy, midriff, or sheer shirts
• tight, clingy, or metallic fabrics
• halter top/tank top dresses
• youth gang-related symbols, colors or clothing
• Logos or clothing advertising sex, alcohol, tobacco, drugs, gangs, violence, profanity, cult and music groups, or insulting phrases